Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE)
The MA and M.Sc. Economics program at GIPE is a two-year postgraduate program that combines economic theory with practical application to enhance understanding of economic policies at the national and international levels. It covers Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Public Policy, and International Trade and Finance. The curriculum includes 16 advanced compulsory courses and four electives, along with training in advanced econometrics and software applications. The program equips students for careers in the corporate sector, research, and academia, providing a strong foundation for various opportunities.
Admission Procedure for MA and MSc in Economics
Admission to the program is based on performance in the admission test
GIPE Past Year Papers
Eligibility Criteria for MA and MSc in Economics GIPE
Indian citizens seeking admission to various M.Sc. programs at GIPE must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the graduation level. Foreign nationals, OCI card holders, and NRIs will also participate in the GIPE entrance examination and must meet equivalent eligibility criteria based on their foreign university grades. Candidates awaiting final degree examination results are eligible to apply.
No. of Seats for MA and MSc in Economics GIPE
There are 60 seats available for the M.Sc. program and 46 seats for the M.A. program.
Fees for MA and MSc in Economics GIPE
The annual fee for one year is 179,520
GIPE Entrance Exam Syllabus
The GIPE entrance exam syllabus is as follows:
**Section A: Aptitude in Mathematics and Statistics (30 marks)**
1. Descriptive Statistics – Measures of Central Tendency – Measures of Dispersion – Correlation and Regression Coefficient – Probability Theory – Index Numbers
2. Mathematics for Economics – Algebra – Calculus – Matrix Algebra
**Section B: Analytical Ability and Reasoning (20 marks)**
– Analytical Ability and Reasoning
**Section C: Undergraduate-level knowledge in Economics (50 marks)**
1. Microeconomics – Demand Curves – Price and Income Elasticity of Demand – Cost Curves – Equilibrium of Firm under different market structures
2. Macroeconomics – National Income – Theory of Income Determination – Fiscal and Monetary Policy – Trade and Balance of Payments
3. Basic theories of growth and development.
4. Recent developments in Indian economy and International economic issues of contemporary importance.
GIPE Entrance Paper Pattern
The GIPE entrance exam is structured as follows:
Total questions: 100 objective type questions (MCQs)
Maximum score: 100 marks
Exam duration: 120 minutes
Medium of Exam: English Sections
Section C: Undergraduate-level knowledge in Economics (50 marks)
Section B: Analytical Ability and Reasoning (20 marks)
Section A: Aptitude in Mathematics and Statistics (30 marks)
GIPE Entrance Exam Marking Scheme
In the GIPE entrance exam, there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Placements after MA and MSc in Economics from GIPE
The placements for the program include renowned organizations such as Axtria, CITI, Deloitte, EXL, Experian, FedEx, Gartner, HDFC Bank, HSBC, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, India Infra, JPMC, and many more.